2017 Fall Fish Sale
Pre-Ordering for Our Fish Sale is Now Closed. Details regarding the pick-up can be found below, but if you have additional questions please contact Brooke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pick-up your order at Ohio Division of Wildlife (1500 Dublin Road, Columbus 43215) on Thursday, October 12, 2017 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Line a five-gallon bucket with a clean plastic bag and fill it half way with water from your pond. Secure bag with a twist tie to prevent spillage (see example picture here).
How many Buckets do I need to bring?
This depends on the type of fish and quantity ordered.
One 5-gallon bucket can hold 100 game fish OR 1,000 minnows OR 2 White Amurs.
- Deliver fish to your pond immediately.
- Fish are guaranteed to be in good condition, but there is no guaranteed survival.
- There are no refunds. Please have someone pick up the fish for you if you are unavailable.
The black crappie is a popular sport fish. They can be caught with a variety of baits using differen..
Bluegill are quite possibly the perfect forage fish and are very important for maintaining a good fo..
Catfish are easiest to raise because they feed on pellets at all stages of life. They are commonly s..
Fathead minnows are considered both a forage fish and bait fish. Commonly sold in bait stores, fathe..
Hybrid bluegills are a cross from bluegill and green sunfish. When a hatchery produces a hybri..
This is possibly the most sought after game fish that is stocked in farm ponds today. They can reach..
White Amurs (commonly called grass carp) are primarily vegetarian, feeding on all types of pond weed..
One of the best eating fish, yellow perch will reach lengths of 12-13″ and weigh almost a pound.&nbs..
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Calendar of Pond Life
Chapter 2: Stocking Recommendations